wtorek, 4 maja 2010

"Hello=Merhaba"

I did not start my teaching practice like most of the third-year-students from KJO. I start my teaching practice in a primary school in Mersin, Turkey. The class consisted more or less of 40 young Turkish learners at the age of 9. The classroom was really tiny and I still wonder how they managed to squeeze there. The learners were surprised by the fact that they would have a new foreign teacher so they were quiet and interested at the beginning of our cooperation. But when they used to the situation, they started to be noisy and they wanted to know everything about me. Their English was insufficient to communicate and they asked the same questions all the time, for example: Where are you from? Where do you live? How old are you? What kind of music do you listen to? They were very eager to cooperate and I guess they enjoyed every lesson as they could use English in a real life situation (they were kind of forced to use English to communicate with me). Although it was very difficult to handle such a numerous class and to teach them some English, I find this experience motivating and encouraging to further work as a teacher. Now I know I am able to teach in unusual and demanding situations.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz